GAALC - Indian Music School - Online Sarangi Class Lessons
GAALC - the Global Academy of Arts, Languages and Culture, is one of the top rated international online performing arts learning school academy based at New Delhi in India offering online musical instruments training class lessons facilitated on Skype and Google Hangouts (Google Talk) as real time. one-on-one, interactive, live instrumental music learning class lessons online for the global music students. GAALC offers certificate level hobby learning courses of short term (24 months duration), regular term (36 months duration) and extended term (54 months duration) duration with modern curriculum guided online class lessons to learn performing arts - learning how to play musical instruments, voice training - vocal singing music lessons online and online dance lessons to learn dancing.
GAALC music school academy conducts online instrumental music learning lessons to learn playing Indian classical musical instrument Sarangi, Sarangi is a popular bow string musical instrument and the online lessons for learning how to play Sarangi are offered as Sarangi beginner level lessons for beginners learning to play Sarangi online, Intermediate level Sarangi lessons and Advanced level Sarangi lessons online. The Sarangi learning course lessons curriculum - the Sarangi teaching syllabus is exclusively developed for providing an effective online Sarangi training to the kids, children, young adults, school / university / college students learning Sarangi as a hobby and equally providing professional level Sarangi training to the aspiring musicians learning to play Sarangi to perform in public music concerts or musical shows as professional Sarangi expert players.The online Sarangi class lessons offered by GAALC are conducted by the senior, experienced and qualified Indian Sarangi Gurus, the famous Sarangi teachers as top online Sarangi trainers, the best trained Sarangi players working as the online Sarangi instructors in the instrumental music faculty at GAALC music school academy in India.
ABOUT SARANGI : The Indian classical music bowed stringed instrument Sarangi is used as an accompanied musical instrument for its unique tonal quality and its rare capacity for reproducing or imitating the vocal ornaments the gamak (shakes) and meends (sliding movements) so the sound of Sarangi resembels most to the sound of the human voice, it is said that Sarangi music is vocal music and the Sarangi players sing with their fingers. Sarangi players almost always know the words of many classical vocal compositions. The Kirana Gharana and Patiala Gharana with rich vocal traditions owe their heritage mainly to Sarangi playing and a large number of the most famous male Hindustani classical singers - vocalists in India have come from traditional Sarangi families or have been Sarangi players themselves including Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, Rajan and Sajan Mishra, Fayaz Ahmed Khan, Abdul Wahid Khan, Amir Khan and Abdul Karim Khan. Sarangi is believed to be originated from a folk musical instrument of north-western India, called Surinda / Chikara. There are a great variety of Sarangi common in India, all the instruments belong to this family. Sarangi have been one of the most popular North Indian musical instruments during the nineteenth century. In the present era Sarangi is still most commonly used for Vocal accompany and it has also established itself as a solo instrument of North Indian Classical music due to the efforts of Sarangi player Pt. Ram Narayan who introduced a variation to the fingering technique of playing Sarangi.
SARANGI - INDIAN CLASSICAL MUSIC INSTRUMENT (Bhartiya Shastriya Sangeet Vadya): Modern day Sarangi is made from tun wood. A two feet long hollowed single piece of wood with a sound box is placed in the bottom and the sound box is covered with soft goat’s skin. Sarangi has a slightly waisted body. An elephant shaped bridge is placed on the skin for support the strings of Sarangi. Three main playing strings of Sarangi made of animal gut are parallel to low, middle and upper pitch. The 35 to 37 sympathetic strings of Sarangi made of brass or steel passes beside main strings. Thirty five to forty sympathetic strings of Sarangi, made of metal are used as chikari or for resonance. Heavy horsehair bow of Sarangi, held with an underhand grip, usually made of rosewood or ebony, is used for bowing the strings, contributing to the solidity, adaptability to a wide range of music styles and vocal quality of the Sarangi's sound. In India, Sarangi is combined with a number of bowed stringed instruments commonly used by Indian musicians who created folk compositions, some of these varied Sarangis are Sarinda, Chikara Sarangi, Sindhi sarangi, Dhadya sarangi, Gujrtan Sarangi and Dedh Pasli Sarangi etc. The related instruments to Sarangi are Esraj, Dilruba and Violin. Sarangi is popular beacause of its unique quality for adaptability to a wide range of musical styles and genre; the tenability and its ablility to produce a wide range of tonal nuance.
Famous Sarangi maestros, Sarangi players, Sarangi performers and Sarangi musicians: are Pt. Ram Narayan, Rehman Bakhs, Gopal Mishra, Ustad Bundu Khan, Hyder Bakhs, Mamman Khan, Sagiruddin Khan, Badal Khan, Master Sohan, Ghulam Sabir, Ustad Sultan Khan, Hanuman Prasad Mishra, Joep Bor, Regula Qureshi, Nicolas Magriel and Abdul Lateef Khan.
MAKING OF SARANGI MUSICAL INSTRUMENT: Modern classical Sarangi instrument is carved out from a hollowed single block of tun wood (red cedar or Indian cedar), the Sarangi has a box-like shape with three hollow chambers called magaj (brain), chaati (chest) and pet (stomach), having a slightly waisted, squat, truncated body. The dimensions of Sarangi may be slightly variable, lenght of Sarangi is about 2 feet and the width is about 6 inches. The lower resonance chamber, the lower sound box / sound board or pet is covered with soft goat's skin with a strip of thick leather placed around waist of Sarangi which supports the elephant shaped bridge of Sarangi (made of ivory / bone) and supporting the pressure of 35 to 37 sympathetic resonance strings of Sarangi (called Sarangi tarabs) made of steel or brass and the three main melody strings of Sarangi, thicker and made of gut. The lowest level of the metal sympathetic strings (tarabs) comprises of a diatonic row of 9 tarabs (metal strings) and a chromatic row of 15 resonance strings or tarabs. There are two more sets of longer resonance metal strings or tarabs between the lower strings (tarabs) and the three main playing strings and are tuned to the tones (swaras) of the Hindustani classical music raga. The neck of Sarangi has ivory / bone platforms on which the fingers slide. The resonance strings of Sarangi are divided into 4 "choirs" having two sets of pegs, one set of pegs are on the right and another set of pegs are on the top and are specifically tuned to the swaras (tones) of the Indian classical music composition called raga. Heavy horsehair bow of Sarangi, held with an underhand grip, usually made of rosewood or ebony, is used for bowing the three main playing strings of Sarangi, contributing to the vocal quality of the Sarangi sound.
The unmatched advantages of the online Sarangi learning lessons offered by GAALC music school India is.:
- Live, one-on-one, real time, interactive online music lessons for the music students of all learning levels and Genre of music - vocal music & instrumental music.
- Convenient online music lessons schedules for almost all the global time zones, multilingual music lessons with options of 1/2 or 3 online Sarangi music classes / week.
- Affordable, low cost price vocal and musical instruments learning lessons fees for the top best rated & convenient online Sarangi music class lessons by GAALC.
- Save on the valuable travel time, traffic woes and the cost of travelling to the nearest Sarangi music teacher / music school, learn in relaxed manner at home.
- Safe & convenient option for kids, children, women & elderly to learn music at home online, the family members or friends & colleagues can learn music together comfortably.
- Unmatched advantage of the flexible time schedules of online music class lessons for international Sarangi music school students, best for the busy modern lifestyle
- Freedom to learn music at one's own pace & convenient time schedules with the flexible music course duration programs, easily adjustable with the busy work schedules.
- Better consistency & concentration, least missed music classes due to flexible online music classes. Make-up / replacement classes available for the classes missed.
- Advanced, international standard music training curriculum, an effective and modern distance e-learning program by a truly global music school academy.
- Learning from the International faculty of Sarangi musicians including the top qualified, best experienced professional music teachers online from all over the world.
- Advanced music E-books learning content & music practice (Riyaaz) tools for all of the online music learning levels and for global music students.
- Well defined curriculum with traditional music + modern music concepts for all levels of learning vocal & instrumental music, curriculum developed by global music experts.
- Online music class lessons available for learning the widest range of global vocal and instrumental music genre, conducted by the GAALC music school faculty.
- Online music lessons for beginners, intermediate & advanced levels, online private music lessons and group music classes for all age groups and music training levels.
- Freedom to Join the appropriate level of the vocal & instrumental music course classes after an individual level evaluation & the expert opinion by GAALC music school faculty.
- Get regular music expert opinion feedback from GAALC music teachers faculty on the educational performance with the right guidance & the performance improvement tips.
Read more benefits of online music classes: Advantages of Online Music Learning Lessons
For further details on music online training programs conducted by school of Indian classical music GAALC online courses, online Indian music learning lessons fees, music training instructors online, Indian Sarangi teachers online classes schedule, Google Hangouts Indian instrumental music trainer lessons, affordable low cost price online Sarangi Skype lessons, online classes by Sarangi Guru in India and Youtube free music learning lessons.
For online music school and online dance academy admissions: Contact GAALC music school academy India
View GAALC Youtube channel for Free You tube music training videos / images gallery: Sarangi training class lessons online free Youtube videos